- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons tawny port wine
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon diced red peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 scallion, with top, sliced
- 6 drops red pepper sauce
- 1 pound lump crab meat, cartilage removed
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine, melted
- Snipped parsley
- Lemon wedges
Combine mayonnaise, whipping cream, wine, capers, red peppers mustard, salt, scallion and pepper sauce in a bowl. Gently stir in crab meat. Divide mixture among 4 scallop baking shells or individual casseroles.
Mix bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over crab mix. Bake uncovered at 375 degrees F until mixture is bubbly and crumbs are golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Sprinkle with parsley, and serve with lemon wedges.